The BlackRapid RS-7 Camera Strap
The BlackRapid “Curve” (a.k.a. RS-7) camera strap is the most useful accessory for my photography that I have ever bought. It gets the camera off of your neck, relieving stress, while keeping it at your side and ready to shoot at a moment’s notice. I can easily swing my camera up and be ready to shoot at any time.
Some of the Benefits
- Easily attaches to your camera’s tripod mount screw hole (1/4″ threads). The screw twists in by hand – not needing a screwdriver. Can easily be removed when wanting to use a tripod.
- Attaches at a single point on the camera (tripod mount hole). This stabilizes the camera during shooting. The strap can be used to stabilize the camera during a shot because it is not fighting for control of the camera from two points.
- Strap is over the shoulder. Camera is at your side. The camera is down by your waist and out of your hands when not shooting.
- The camera’s weight is off of your neck. The camera strap transfers the weight through your shoulder and not your neck, making it so much easier to walk with.
- While walking, the camera is at your side and the lens is pointed behind you. This is super important. You don’t want your lens to be scratched, so that is why you hold your camera so often. No need with this strap. Your lens is protected. The lens naturally points behind your while at your waist, keeping it away from whatever it is you are walking through.
- Walking through brush and people is easy. Because the lens is pointed behind you and at your waist, the chances of it getting hit or scratched are minimized. You are free to use your hands for other things also, like steadying yourself, shaking hands, or moving branches out of the way.
I’ve never been happier with a product. The BlackRapid Curve strap has improved my photography by allowing me to shoot longer and with more stability. I highly recommend it.
Thank you for reading what I wrote – I hope you enjoyed it!